Words on a Turn-Table
I threw words onto my turn-table.
Increased it�s volume
And let it blast my tympanum
To pieces.
Words scrabbling on the turn-table
Spinning
A psychedelic tune
I could not understand
I snatched at
What my small palms could hold
While a few slipped away
And fell into cracks between parquet tiles.
Hastily words were huddled
Into a pillow case
And a pillow shoved in.
Words suffocated.
I lay on bed
Head on a turn-table.
Heng Siok Tian
This poem graphically illustrates what can happen when words take on a life of their own a slip out of one�s control.
I threw words onto my turn-table.
Increased it�s volume
And let it blast my tympanum
To pieces.
Words scrabbling on the turn-table
Spinning
A psychedelic tune
I could not understand
I snatched at
What my small palms could hold
While a few slipped away
And fell into cracks between parquet tiles.
Hastily words were huddled
Into a pillow case
And a pillow shoved in.
Words suffocated.
I lay on bed
Head on a turn-table.
Heng Siok Tian
This poem graphically illustrates what can happen when words take on a life of their own a slip out of one�s control.




0 comments:
Post a Comment